A delicious low calorie lunch full of healthy ingredients. Fresh, filling and gluten free.
- Total calories: 327
- Total carbs: 30g
- Total protein: 21g
- Syns on Slimming World: free
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 diced red or yellow pepper
- 30g diced onion
- 100g tinned tomatoes
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of paprika
- 2tsp garlic puree
- 2 large sized eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Fry the onion, peppers, carrot, paprika and cumin in Frylight for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and 50ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kale.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and crack the eggs into it.
- Put the pan in the oven for 5 minutes. I put mine in a Pyrex dish as my frying pan has a plastic handle and can’t go in the oven.
Want more inspiration? You might like Quick Low Calorie Lunch: Salmon, egg and spinach plate (GF).
A deliciously healthy curry. Gluten free, Slimming World friendy and easy to make.:
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Large onion
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- Tin of tomatoes
- 2 tins of chick peas
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 200g sliced kale
- Lightly fry the mustard and cumin seeds in Frylight until they start popping.
- Add chopped onions and fry until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and fry for a few minutes.
- Chop the tinned tomatoes and add to the pan. Simmer for up to 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Drain the chick peas and add to the pan along with the salt, coriander, chilli flakes, chilli powder and turmeric. Stir well.
- Add the kale a handful at a time. Continue to cook on a medium heat until the kale has softened. About 5 mins.
I served mine with brown rice and a dollop of natural yoghurt.