I do eat non-curried foods too. It’s just that I find it really easy to get lots of my free foods crammed into a decent curry. This recipe is from an old Slimming World recipe book. It’s syn free too!
Ingredients: Frylight, 1tsp cumin seeds, 1tsp mustard seeds, 1 onion diced, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp curry powder, 2 large courgettes cut into chunks, 400g can chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp tomato puree, 1/2 tsp artificial sweetener, salt
- Spray a large frying pan with Frylight (I didn’t pick a large enough one and had to change it part way through). Add cumin and mustard seeds and fry until they start to pop.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and courgette and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, puree, sweetener and 150ml of water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, season and serve.
I served mine with fried diced up baked potato.