I hate struggling with unusual fruits and making a mess. Here is an easy way to prepare mango without wasting much at all.
- Cut a small slice off the bottom so that the mango can stand up straight on the chopping board.
- Cut as close to the stone as you can, just to one side of the centre, and cut all the way down.
- Repeat this for the other side of the stone.
- Make vertical and horizontal cuts through the flesh of the mango but not through the skin.
- Here’s the best bit: turn the piece over and push through the skin with your fingers. This makes a hedgehog shape!
- Cut off the chunks. If the mango is very ripe you can do this without a knife and just using your fingers to remove the flesh.
- Repeat for the other side of the mango.
- Pick up the centre piece and peel off the skin with a knife.
- Try to slice most of the flesh away from the stone. This is a bit messy.
Want to know how to prepare other foods? Click a link below: