Ever fancied trying a pomelo? Worried you won’t know how to prepare it?
It takes a bit of time to prepare but is well worth the effort. It is similar to a grapefruit but has a much milder flavour.
- Remove the netting and cellophane wrapping.
- Start to cut away the rind. It is about 4 cm in before you get to the flesh.
- Once you have cut around the fruit remove as much of the outer white pith as possible.
- Cut into the pomelo and remove each segment.
- Peel away the pith from each segment and collect the flesh in a bowl.