I’ve always hated preparing butternut squash and have always struggled to chop a raw one up. Then I was told about baking the squash in the oven first and then easily removing the flesh by scooping it out.
Here’s a simple method:
- Pierce the butternut squash in several places about halfway into the vegetable.
- Put on a baking tray and bake for about 60 minutes at 220 degrees Celsuis.
- When baked remove from the oven and cut in half lengthways.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Then scoop out the flesh (it is easier to wait for it to cool a while first).
My serving suggestion:
Iceland Slimming World sausages with mashed butternut squash.
Want to know how to prepare other foods? Click a link below:
- How to prepare – Pomegranate
- How to prepare – Papaya
- Pomelo – How to prepare
- How to prepare – Mango
- Celeriac Mash – how to prepare
- How to prepare – Watermelon